Friday, February 29, 2008

The Google Geo Developer Seminar Series

In my continued fit of Google Mapmania, I set out in search of more information on what I could do with Google Maps. I immediately signed up to two official Google blogs, Google Lat-Long Blog and the Google Maps API Blog. I'm not sure why there are two blogs I presume the latter is aimed more at developers than the former.

Any way it was from one of these blogs I noticed the upcoming seminar series entitled The Google Geo Developer Series. It sounded like just the thing to get me on my way and satisfy my curiosity on exactly what can we get Google Maps to do. The first workshop was entitled Quick & Dirty KML Creation (and is embedded below).


Or watch it on YouTube.com here.

A fairly simple topic to start, but it promises to take us deeper as the series goes on. Despite the simple subject matter to start Ed Parsons is right when he said in his own blog...

Almost everybody will learn something from watching this, from newcomers to the geoweb to the experts out there !

I thought the Spreadsheet Mapper 2.0 looked particularly useful tool, and I'm looking forward to the next installment entitled Creating Custom Maps which should be on YouTube in the next couple of days. Keep tabs on the future weekly seminars here on the youtube Google Geo Developer playlist here.

No comments: